- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Grammar/Composition/Reading
- Monday through Thursday, 12:45 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Listening/Speaking
- Academic reading skills at the appropriate level are addressed in all classes.
- Composition: Low Intermediate classes learn paragraph writing; High Intermediate classes learn multi-paragraph essays; Advanced classes continue with essay writing and prepare a research paper.
- Listening practice is provided by in class audio and video as well as opportunities in the computer lab.
- High Intermediate and Advanced classes practice academic lecture listening and note-taking in preparation for university work.
- Speaking classes allow for formal and informal, individual and small group speaking tasks and speaking opportunities are integrated in all skill classes.
- A student completing all levels studies all the major areas of grammar and Advanced grammar classes focus on editing.
- All students can participate in informal conversation groups with American students after class.
- Students have the opportunity to visit university classes and attend campus lectures.
- Level 4 students prepare the “ELI News” with articles posted and made available on the website.
- Level 5 students write and perform a skit.
- Level 6 students prepare and participate in a semi-formal debate with an audience of their peers and/or university faculty.