The University of Bridgeport offers a well-respected Educational Leadership Preparation Program leading to certification as an intermediate administrator (092) in the state of Connecticut. The program is available at all three UB locations: Bridgeport, Stamford, and Waterbury.
The Intermediate Administrator or Supervisor Certification Program is designed to provide practical preparation for administrative positions in schools up to, and including, the assistant superintendent position. All state of Connecticut requirements for Administrative certification are met by completion of this program. The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards comprise the basis of all course work.
6th YEAR Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)Students may take additional required courses leading to a 6th Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Educational Leadership.
The candidates will be able to:
- Evaluate school effectiveness according to State criteria.
- Monitor curriculum development for schools K-12.
- Understand basic principles of school’s administration as determined by the Connecticut Administrators Test (CAT).
- Create school environments suitable to the needs of students with exceptionalalities.
- Pass Connecticut Administrators Test (CAT).
EDLD 601- Introduction to Education Leadership
EDLD 621- Evaluation of School Effectiveness
2. Curriculum/Program Monitoring
EDLD 651a Workshop in Curriculum Development
3. School Administration
EDLD 618 Public School Finance
EDLD 619 School Law
4. Personnel Evaluation/Supervision
EDLD 652 Supervision/ Evaluation of Personnel
EDLD 681a Administrative Internship
6. Special Services Administration
EDLD 664 Supervision of Programs and Services for Students with Exceptionalities (This course can be waived for individuals holding certification and currently working in Social Work, Psychology, Speech & Language Pathology or Special Education).
* Successful Completion of the Connecticut Administrative Test (CAT)
STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE 30 Credit Hours for a 6th Year Certificate in Education Leadership.
Education Leadership Electives:
EDLD 680a Urban Leadership
EDLD 613 Current topics in Education Leadership
EDLD 614 Leadership & Management of School Facilities
EDLD 615 Research & Data Informed
Bridgeport, CT 06604