- The Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists (CBNS) administers an examination for professional nutritionists seeking certification as a Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS). Internship hours may be required.
- Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CNCB) provides professional training, examining and certifying for alternative or complimentary medical, clinical nutrition and health care organizations, in addition to specialty credentialing programs and state license/certification examinations. Graduates of the Nutrition program can sit for the CCN certification. (Certified Clinical Nutritionist)
- Diplomate of the American Clinical Board of Nutrition, (DACBN) for Doctors Only
Doctors interested in attaining their Diplomate of the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN) designation.
The Intersociety Committee on Nutrition Certification has been established with the hope to enhance communication and cooperation between various nutrition societies:
- American College of Nutrition, American Dietetic Association
- American Society for Clinic Nutrition
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians,
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
And certification boards in human nutrition:
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- American Board of Nutrition
- Certification Board of Nutrition Specialists
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- National Board of Nutrition Support Certification