International study, service learning, and internship opportunities are available for students at the University of Bridgeport. Our education abroad programs offer students a once-in-a–lifetime opportunity to meet people from different cultures, and to travel to far away destinations that deepen their understandings of the world today. Students that have participated in study abroad programs have created new friendships, developed new understandings of world cultures, and have also been able to translate their experience in to exciting new careers. Study abroad programs not only help in developing a person’s understanding of their world, but they also help create a deeper understanding of global citizenship.
Programs are arranged on an individual basis in accord with the student’s study abroad goals. Academic credit will be arranged. Kindly contact the Overseas Study Coordinator Brandon LaFavor (Carlson 208; Ext. 2450; firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting to learn about education abroad opportunities available to you. This is only available for students at the University of Bridgeport.
Overseas Study Coordinator - Brandon LaFavor
Brandon joined the University of Bridgeport as a graduate from the School of Economics at the University of Oregon. He continued his studies to earn a master's degree in International Education Leadership from Northcentral University. Brandon’s primary research interests revolve around sustainable development, comparative education policy, counseling, and conflict resolution. Bilingual in Spanish, he specializes in the Latin American region, and has spent significant time studying, interning, and working abroad in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama. Brandon is here to help our students find the best study abroad, service learning abroad, and international internship options for their individual and unique learning goals. Please call or email him to schedule an appointment.
Office: Carlson 208
Phone: (203) 576-2450
Countries and Programs
The University of Bridgeport is constantly forging new relationships with universities around the globe. By partnering with international universities and organizations, we are able to offer new and exciting study abroad and international internship opportunities for our students. Some of the countries and regions available for study include but are not limited to:
- Middle East, North Africa, and Greater Arabia - Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Egypt, Israel
- Asia - China, Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal
- Latin America - Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Chile, Argentina
- Europe - England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Poland, Croatia, Germany, Hungary
- Sub-Sahara Africa - Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Cameroon
Life After Study Abroad is a re-entry resource for students when they finish their education abroad experience. Check out their website to get answers about:
- The Return Home: answers on reverse culture shock
- Your Next Adventure Abroad: what to do after you study abroad
- Study Abroad and Your Career Search: how to use study abroad professionally
Read the Life After Study Abroad digital magazine that answers the question: You’ve studied abroad, now what?