Minor in Foreign Languages
Why study a foreign language?
• Mastery of a foreign language allows you to serve as a bridge between civilizations.
• Mastery of a foreign language expands your career opportunities.
• Mastery of a foreign language increases the likelihood that you will be needed to travel the world to represent your country, your workplace and the causes that interest you.
• Especially in the United States we need more young people to master the so-called less commonly taught languages such as Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japaneese and Arabic.
• Language classes are kept small to allow interaction between you and your professors.
• Overseas study is encouraged and can be arranged through the Office of the Dean of the College of Public and International Affairs.