- Kongar, E. and Gupta, S. M., “A Multiple Objective Tabu Search Approach for End-of-Life Product Disassembly”, International Journal of Advanced Operations Management (IJAOM), Vol. 1, No.2/3, pp. 177 – 202, 2009.
- Kongar, E. and Gupta, S. M., “Solving the Disassembly-To-Order Problem Using Linear Physical Programming”, International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research (IJMOR), Vol. 1, No. 4, 504-531, 2009.
- Kongar, E., Kontogiorgis, P., Russo N., Sobh, T., “Women in Science, Engineering and Technology: Changing Roles and Perception within the Technical Services Industries”, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences [Medwell], 4 (1): 46-50, ISSN: 1816-949X, 2009.
- Kongar, E., Pallis, J., Sobh, T., “A Method for Evaluating the Performance of Engineering Schools”, Submitted to the International Journal of Engineering Education (IJEE), November, 2009.
- Kongar, E. and Rosentrater, K., “Greening the Curriculum: Augmenting Engineering and Technology Courses with Sustainability Topics”, Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, (in review), 2010.
- Kongar, E., Rosentrater, K., “Data Envelopment Analysis Approach to Compare the Environmental Efficiency of Energy Utilization”, Socio-Economic Planning Sciences (SEPS), December 2009 (in review).
- Kongar, E., Gupta, S. M., “Disassembly to Order System Under Uncertainty”, OMEGA, Vol. 34, No. 6, 550-561, 2006.
- Kongar, E., Gupta, S. M., “Disassembly Sequencing Using Genetic Algorithm”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Volume 30, Numbers 5-6 / September, 2006.
- Kongar, E., Mueller, D., “Data Envelopment Analysis for the Anthropogenic Iron Cycle, (to be submitted to Journal of Industrial Ecology).
Invited Book Chapters
- Kongar, E., Gupta, S. M., “A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach for U.S. Household Appliance Recycling”, Book Chapter, Web-Based Green Products Life Cycle Management Systems: Reverse Supply Chain Utilization, 2007, Editor(s): Prof. Hsiao-Fan Wang, 2008. (invited).
- El-Sayed, A., Kongar, E., Gupta, S.M., “A Genetic Algorithm Approach To End-Of-Life Disassembly Sequencing for Robotic Disassembly”, Northeast Decision Sciences Institute Conference, NEDSI 2010, Hilton Alexandria Old Town, Alexandria, VA, March 26 — March 28, 2010, (abstract accepted).
- Kongar, E. and Rosentrater, K., “Greening the Engineering and Technology Curriculum via Real Life Hands-on Projects”, ASEE Northeast Section Conference, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, May 7-8, 2010 (abstract submitted).
- Kongar, E., Rosentrater, K., “A Multiple Criteria Decision Making Model For Renewable Energy Technology Selection”, NEDSI 2009, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT, April 1 — 3, 2009.
- Kongar, E., Kontogiorgis, P., Russo N., Sobh, T., “Increasing the Participation of Women in the Engineering and Technical Services Industries”, Proceedings of the ASEE Zone 1 Conference, March 26-27, West Point, NY, 2008.
- Kongar, E., Rosentrater, K., “Not Just Informative, But Necessary: Infusing Green and Sustainable Topics Into Engineering and Technology Curricula”, ASEE Conference, Pittsburgh PA, June 2008.
- Kongar, E., Mueller, D., “A Comparative Study on Production and End-of-Life Cycles of Anthropogenic Iron Cycles”, 5th International Logistics and Supply Chain Congress 2007, November 7-9, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Kongar, E., Mueller, D., “A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach for Material Flow Analysis”, Proceedings of the SPIE International Conference on Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing, October 1-4, Boston, MA, USA, 2006.