Admissions Checklist for Physician Assistant Institute
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Required coursework:
*Taken within the last ten years with a grade of ‘C’ or better from an accredited school.
- General Biology I with lab
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs
- 2 semesters of Chemistry with labs
- 1 semester of English
- 1 semester of Psychology
- 1 semester of Statistics
- Recommended coursework:
- Microbiology with lab
- Genetics with lab
- Biochemistry with lab
- Minimum of 500 hours of direct patient care experience
Required Materials CASPA
- Application completed through CASPA
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- One must be from a healthcare provider and another from the supervisor of the clinical experience. The third can be a professor, employer, or another individual who has known you on a professional level for a year or more.
*All transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent directly to CASPA. These materials will not be accepted by the University of Bridgeport.
Required Supplemental Essay
- University of Bridgeport Essay - 500 words sent directly to the University of Bridgeport addressing:
- Why have you chosen to apply to the University of Bridgeport?
- What aspects of our program or curriculum resonate with you and why?
- How would the University of Bridgeport’s program help you reach your career goals?
*Applicants must complete the Healthcare Experience section on the CASPA application to document the 500+ hours of patient care experience. Please note applications are not considered complete until the supplemental essay has been processed by the University of Bridgeport. Application completed through CASPA-Deadline is August 1.