The Annual Fund provides essential support for the University’s core operations. Key services--including infrastructure support, program and curriculum development, and scholarship assistance for deserving students--all depend on the Annual Fund. Each year, UB works to assemble its annual support from a diverse coalition of foundations, corporations, government agencies, and dedicated individuals—like you.
The University of Bridgeport is an independent and non-sectarian private university. UB offers a distinctive curriculum and its faculty, staff, administration, and students represent an international community. This diverse and supportive environment nurtures talent, recognizes leadership, and prepares graduates for life in a global future.
The Annual Fund at Work
The Annual Fund is at the heart of the mission of this great institution. Your gift to the Annual Fund helps support essential services including:
- Keeping the lights on;
- Refurbishing classrooms;
- Forging links between funders and students;
- Developing innovative new programs;
- Maintaining elevators;
- Enhancing campus security;
- Creating new programs to enrich academic excellence.
Every Gift Is a Major Gift
One of UB’s greatest assets is its dedicated base of alumni. In nearly every state and around the world, our alumni are key partners in ensuring the continued strength of the University of Bridgeport. Working as dental hygienists, engineers, chiropractors, teachers, accountants, and industrial designers, UB alumni make a difference in their families, their communities, their chosen professions and in their alma mater. Your support means so much.
UB accepts gifts in any amount. Your gift can be $10 or $10 million! Gifts of cash for unrestricted purposes are the fastest, easiest, most efficient way of supporting the University. Simply make your check payable to the University of Bridgeport, and write “The Annual Fund” on the check memo line.
How To Give
- Give online by credit card, any time day or night, instantly and securely;
- Make a gift of stock or appreciated securities;
- Make a gift of a life insurance policy;
- Double the impact of your gift with a matching gift from your employer. You may obtain the necessary forms at work;
- UB faculty and staff only: request a payroll deduction form, and your gift to UB will be deducted directly from your paycheck. You may fulfill your gift with a one-time payout or make your gift in monthly or quarterly installments. Payroll deductions need to be renewed each year.
Making and Fulfilling a Pledge
In consideration of the gifts of others, you may also make a multi-year pledge to the University of Bridgeport. This enables you to make a larger gift than is possible with a one-time payment. We all know that it is easier to make monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual payments on the big expenses in our lives, and supporting UB is no different.
For Assistance in Making Your Gift
Mary-Jane FosterUniversity of BridgeportDivision of University Relations, Cortright Hall219 Park AvenueBridgeport, CT 06604