The University of Bridgeport provides a free shuttle to campus destinations and major transit centers for students with valid university ID.
Free City Bus Pass
All full-time UB students are allowed to ride on the city bus system for free. The Greater Bridgeport Transit District buses stop at many entertainment, shopping and cultural destinations throughout the city and surrounding towns.
To obtain your city bus pass, contact:
221 University Avenue
Airport Shuttle Service
Unless you have made arrangements to be picked up from JFK or LaGuardia airport, the University of Bridgeport recommends that you take Prime Time Shuttle (also known as GO Airport Shuttle) to UB. To reserve a seat, you can go to their website and use a credit card. If you have not reserved a seat before you arrive, you should be able to take Prime Time Shuttle anyway.
- Once you have arrived at the airport, claimed your baggage, and gone through Customs and Immigration, go to the Ground Transportation Counter located just outside the baggage claim area.
- Call Prime Time/GO Airport Shuttle on the Courtesy Phone to let them know you have arrived, or tell someone at the Ground Transportation Counter that you want to take the shuttle to the University of Bridgeport. They will tell you where to wait and, in a few minutes, the driver will pick you up and take you to your address in Bridgeport.
- The ride to the University of Bridgeport takes about 1 hour. The last van leaves the airports at 10:00 p.m.
- The cost for the trip to the University of Bridgeport is about $60. You should give the driver a tip of about $5.\ if the driver is helpful to you.
- Red Vans will take you directly to your campus address. Tell the driver you want to go to your residence hall (Bodine Hall) and say you are a new student. Someone will help you.
- If you prefer, you can use Connecticut Limo instead of Prime Time/GO Airport Shuttle. Follow the same procedure as above, but ask for Connecticut Limo instead.
Connecticut Limo does not take you to your campus address but arrives at the Bridgeport Terminal. The price is about $65 per person. The van leaves frequently throughout the day, until midnight.
Once you arrive at Bridgeport Terminal, you should ask for a taxi to the University of Bridgeport. The cost of a taxi to campus from the Bridgeport Terminal is about $6.
In the unlikely event that your flight is delayed past the last departure of these pick-up services, you should stay in an airport hotel overnight and come to Bridgeport the following morning.
The airline may pay for the hotel in case of late arrival.
Do not take a taxi directly from the airport to Bridgeport. It is much more expensive!