Fall 2014 Grants Program Series
Discovery Pavilion, Wahlstrom Library, 1st Floor
The Office of the Senior Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research and the Office of Sponsored Research and Programs proudly announces a semester long program series on “Grants, Sponsored Research, and the Cycle of Funding.” The series will include 10 1-hour programs on ranging from Grants 101 to Applying for Funding to a tutorial on the Institutional Review Board. The programs are open to all faculty, staff, and graduate students.
The full schedule is attached & also follows:
Tuesday, September 16
- Faculty Research Council, Seed Money Grants, and Faculty Research Day Overview at Faculty Development Day (NOTE: location and time TBA)
Tuesday, September 23rd & Thursday, October 30th - Grants 101
- An overview of the full grant cycle, from searching for funding, to creating a competitive competition, to post award management.
Thursday, October 2nd & Tuesday, November 11th - The Institutional Review Board: IRB
- An introduction on what the IRB is, how it is important to research, and how it applies to students, staff, and faculty performing research on campus or in the community.
Tuesday, October 7th & Thursday, November 20th - How do I apply for grant funding?
- An overview on the process of creating and submitting a competitive application and the importance of a well-structured project/program design.
Thursday, October 21st & Tuesday, December 2nd - Now that I've got the grant...What do I do?
- An overview of the post-award process and grant management.
Thursday, November 6th - Seed Money Grants
- An overview on UB's Seed Money Grant program, how to apply, cycle dates and deadlines, requirements, and post-award management.
Christine Hempowicz, Ed.D., CRA,
Director, Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
203-576-4973 or email@example.com
Assistant Director, Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
203-576-4979 or firstname.lastname@example.org