- 02 - Author and UB professor Eric Lehman’s newest book “Insider’s Guide to Connecticut” to be released February 29
- 14 - UB professor’s young protege wins prestigious Marjot Foundation Grant after being named a finalist in the Intel Science and Engineering Fair
- 18 - Shintaro Akatsu School of Design to launch new master's degree program in design management, starting in the fall 2011
- 27 - New book by Dr. Gerard Mullin, UB alumnus and doctor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, aims to help millions of Americans suffering from gastrointestinal disease.
- 12 - Three-time defending champion University of Bridgeport hosts the women’s 2012 USA Gymnastic Collegiate National Championships April 12-14
- 21 - UB students invite the public to join community Martin Luther King Jr. Day volunteer events on January 17
- 12 - SASD students named prize-winners at the 2013 New York International Auto Show
- 24 - CPIA Dean Thomas Ward receives Fulbright Award to study education reforms
- 02 - University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine and the Ashe Faith Project, a Mt. Aery Development Corporation initiative, announce joint venture in clinic services
- 20 - University of Bridgeport team wins Regional Stock Market Competition; victory extends school’s top-three winning streak since 2004.
- 16 - Governor Rell opens CTech IncUBator@University of Bridgeport: New venture is a first of its kind for generating jobs in Fairfield County
- 08 - Top-seeded UB women’s soccer team to host NCAA Division II championship matches on November 11 and 13
- 10 - Senator Richard Blumenthal to visit security-software maker at the CTech IncUBator at the University of Bridgeport on August 14
- 05 - UB East Asian and Pacific Rim Studies Program presents China experts Chunjuan Nancy Wei and Wiliam Lay on the "Tensions in the South China Sea: Economic and Political Dimensions” on Wednesday, November 14
- 08 - Child health expert Dr. Jared Skowron to discuss “Pediatrics: Asthma and Allergies” at Trumbull Library on March 22
- 23 - University of Bridgeport and York College-CUNY sign articulation agreement, opening doors to UB health sciences programs for students
- 11 - UB students win Connecticut Space Grant Consortium Awards to work on NASA-related research and other work
- 28 - UB to host candlelight vigil on October 18 as part of Domestic-Violence Awareness Month
- 13 - More than 250 to be sworn in as U.S. citizens at naturalization ceremony at the University of Bridgeport on September 23
- 26 - News alert: UB orders students and staff to evacuate campus by Saturday: Buses to transport students to Sacred Heart University.
- 08 - Necessary Voices continues on November 10 with Dr. Stephen Healey and “The Meaning of Liberalism.”
- 08 - Dr. David Katz to address Physician Assistant Institute’s first class at UB Health Sciences Commencement on May 13
- 13 - Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism awards $200,000 to restore historic Cortright Hall at the University of Bridgeport
- 15 - Continuing eight-year victory streak, UB teams win latest round of the Connecticut Stock Market Challenge
- 20 - University of Bridgeport “Inside the Media” lecture series begins September 28 with an insiders’ look at the communications industry.
- 15 - CENTRAL Computer and Cell Phone Forensics Lab becomes tenant at CTech IncUBator @ University of Bridgeport
- 08 - Well-traveled University of Bridgeport sophomore named winner of the Kenneth Gray and Lancy Gray Memorial Scholarship