Dean of the College of Chiropractic
Reporting to the Office of the Provost, the Dean of the College of Chiropractic is the Chief Academic Officer. Working collaboratively with the faculty, the dean is responsible for the effective delivery of educational programs ensuring that they are consistent with the mission of the University of Bridgeport and of the College of Chiropractic.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparation of the operating budget of the College of Chiropractic and monitoring of all financial transactions relative to same;
- Oversee and monitor the facilities and maintenance, in conjunction with the U.B. facilities department, for the College of Chiropractic;
- Approve all non-faculty personnel within the College of Chiropractic;
- Recommend to the Provost and Vice-Provost hiring, reappointment, rank, promotion and tenure of College faculty and advise the Provost and Vice Provost on recommendations for termination of faculty;
- Assume leadership role in educational effectiveness assessment and planning, and accreditation compliance for the College of Chiropractic;
- Represent the College on the Provost’s Council and other appropriate University committees and insure the full integration of the College of Chiropractic within the Division of Health Sciences and the University of Bridgeport;
- Establish together with the Dean of Admissions, enrollment goals and collaborate with the admissions department in achieving them;
- Serve as the CCE designee of the University of Bridgeport with regard to the College of Chiropractic as well as other relevant accrediting regulatory agencies;
- Provide leadership to the College for fundraising and grant writing in conjunction with the Institutional Advancement department and represent the College of Chiropractic at a professional, public relations and fundraising events;
- Contribute articles on the College of Chiropractic and professional matters to local and professional publications;
- Serve as the Ex-officio member on all College of Chiropractic committees;
- Be available for other duties as requested by the Provost and Vice Provost.
- A proven track record/proactive leader in college administration;
- Minimum of 5+ years as a dean/director/associate director in a college, university or equivalent institution;
- High level of knowledge and skills in every aspect of college administration including budget management, fund raising, curriculum development, educational effectiveness assessment, program strategic planning, accreditation compliance, faculty and student issues, and enrollment management;
- Commitment to the principles of Chiropractic medicine;
- Experience in Chiropractic and/or health science education is essential;
- The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate or other terminal degree; a D.C. degree is preferable but not essential.
Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send a letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Dean of the College of Chiropractic
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Annual Security and Fire Report reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/files/6713/7968/5337/Campus_Security_Report_2012__final.pdf