Director of Enrollment Marketing
The Director of Enrollment Marketing will report to the Dean of Admissions and will be responsible for helping to drive new student enrollment for both residential and online programs. In collaboration with the Directors of Undergraduate, Graduate and International Admissions, this position is responsible for the planning, integration, coordination, and management of the strategic enrollment marketing plan across multiple communication and advertising platforms for multiple audiences while maintaining and adhering to the overall university brand.
Qualified Candidates Should Posses:
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross functional teams.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in various roles across multiple divisions.
- An ability to make data driven decisions based on metrics and return-on-investment reporting and models.
- An ability to implement and oversee research based strategies focused on meeting marketing objectives and achieving enrollment goals.
- Project management and presentation skills, attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles.
- An ability to do research, conduct interviews, and write content for marketing materials including print, e-communications and the website.
- Good aesthetic judgment, a firm grasp of various enrollment marketing techniques, and the confidence to work independently.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging industry trends and principles.
- An understanding of graphic design, print and direct mail, digital assets, web design, new media, advertising, e-communication, and social media as promotional and engagement tools.
- Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats.
- A recommended minimum of five years of experience with a proven record of success in marketing and brand management.
- Customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM, and Google Analytics or other digital analytics solutions.
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative solutions.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Office of Admissions, develop a marketing strategy that includes continued brand development and maintenance, market positioning, and expansion of the university’s lead generation efforts through print, digital and other media formats.
- Develop, implement, and analyze marketing and recruitment strategies for each admissions division through the use of print publications, digital and print advertising, direct mail and e-correspondence, the university web site, search engines, radio advertisements, presentations, and follow-up strategies.
- Establish and maintain a dynamic, cooperative relationship with program directors, faculty, admissions staff, communications and enrollment marketing team members.
- Assist Academic Deans and Admissions Directors in developing and coordinating marketing strategies to promote individual academic programs. Develop and implement an ongoing, enrollment management marketing plan to promote each academic program.
- Track enrollment results by program weekly and adjust plans accordingly.
- Develop an annual plan for market research. Submit to the Dean of Admissions marketing implementation ideas for researching target audiences based on the standard market research data results.
- Ensure brand language is incorporated in all enrollment communications.
- Develop, write and/or edit a variety of print or electronically-based communication materials.
- Work with the Dean of Admissions on marketing budget detail to plan marketing activities based on the approved budget.
- In conjunction with the Coordinator of Admissions Visitation and the Student Ambassador Program, utilize social media and digital marketing to increase recognition, responsiveness and engagement.
- Work with the Web Master and Content Specialists to update Admissions website pages with new and relevant content.
- Gather and continually update student success stories per program.
- Monitor current and emerging trends in new media tools and applications, and evaluate potential appropriateness/effectiveness for university implementation.
- Manage vendors such as agencies, freelancers and printers, to execute marketing strategies and tactics, but will also roll-up your sleeves when needed on projects.
- Work collaboratively with the lead generation/media buying team as well as the university’s creative agency partners to determine the best strategies for various audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years in higher education enrollment management and/or marketing.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college required, Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of success in marketing and brand management and compliance.
- Experience measuring marketing effectiveness and/or return on investment(s) as it relates to enrollment management initiatives and/or marketing campaigns.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity and respect.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send a letter of application and resume to:
University of Bridgeport
Director of Enrollment Marketing
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf