Web Content Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Web Content Specialist will be responsible for the development, writing and management of dynamic and engaging content for the University's website that is consistent with its brand and marketing goals, highlighting the full breadth and depth of academic strengths and student work as well as the strengths and value proposition of the University's online programs. The primary focus will be to develop deep, rich content for each of the University's online program areas to support the recruitment of prospective students, donors, faculty and staff. The Content Specialist will also work with the University Web Content Manager implementing standard procedures for content updates and assist in approving materials submitted by various departments for posting on the website.
- Serve as a dedicated resource for online program constituents who will create, edit and publish original and web-ready content while proactively seeking content updates.
- Create, design and update website pages for written content, images, photos, videos, PDFs, and audio, as well as upload, test and troubleshoot new and updated web content.
- Maintain University brand guidelines concerning tonality and layout when developing and editing web content, and Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, research, write, edit and proofread content of online program web pages and digital properties by frequently and consistently reviewing content, identifying content sections that need a greater depth of material, and removing outdated material.
- Identify opportunities and ways to repurpose and recycle existing web content throughout the University's website and other relevant web properties.
- Research and report on relevant trends and best practices related to web content, and identify opportunities for new or improved web content.
- Work with supervisor and team members to develop and maintain a web content style guide.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Related Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications or Journalism
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills, with an eye for detail and a style that maximizes web content usability and accessibility.
- Two years prior relevant experience with a proficiency working with Microsoft Suite is required, experience in Adobe Creative Suite skills including Photoshop, Fireworks or Dreamweaver is preferred
- An understanding of Web site usability and Web best practices;
- Detail oriented with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Web Content Specialist
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf