The University of Bridgeport
Opening doors. Building futures.
Founded in 1927, the University of Bridgeport is well known for its diversity. In a typical year, the student body consists of learners from 45 states and 80 countries. The faculty also is diverse. This unique group of people is drawn together by shared commitments: an emphasis on professional development, career readiness for the twenty-first century, a supportive and challenging learning environment, and innovation and solution-seeking. The University offers more than 125 career-oriented programs, many of which benefit from industry connections unique to the region.
Location: UB is located on the I-95 corridor just an hour from New York and two hours from Boston. The beautiful, 50-acre seaside campus rests adjacent to Seaside Park on Long Island Sound. Just a short ferry ride to Long Island, a five-minute shuttle ride to the Metro North Train station and bus terminal, and at the base of Connecticut’s Routes 8 and 25, UB is perfectly situated for easy access to local and tri-state area hot spots, dining and entertainment.
Admissions Process: Rolling admissions, students are accepted directly into majors.
Total Costs for the 2013-14 Academic Year:
Tuition and Fees - $30,540.00
Room and Board - $12, 400.00
- Priority deadline for completing FAFSA applications is March 1. (UB School Code: 001416)
- Percentage of Students Receiving Financial Aid: 96%
- Average Financial Aid Package: $22,000
- Merit Scholarships: Range from $8,000 to $20,000 per year and are renewable for four years
Total Undergraduate Enrollment: More than 2,534
|Male 38% Female 62%||Undergraduate 59% Graduate 41%|
|Student Clubs and Organizations||45|
|Varsity Sports (NCAA Division II)||13|
|School Colors||Purple and White|
- The school is the tenth-most racially diverse university in the country.
- Average GPA: 2.8
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Number of Faculty Members: 120 Full Time 364 Part Time Total 484
- Average Class Size: 17
Clubs and Activities: The university offers more than 40 active clubs and organizations, including co-ed intramural sports, fraternities and sororities.
Accreditation: The University of Bridgeport is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The University also is accredited by the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Department of Higher Education.
Security: UB has received the prestigious Jeanne Clery Campus Safety Award and has been recognized for the school’s innovative Personal Alarm Locator (PAL) system. When activated, PAL pinpoints a student’s location on campus allowing campus security to arrive in less than two minutes.
- The Academic Resource Center offers tutoring, group study sessions, study skills workshops and other valuable services to ensure student success.
- Student Health Services offers high quality, outpatient ambulatory care for the treatment of acute illness and injuries. It also offers health education, preventive health screening, health promotion programs and immunizations.
- Counseling Services offers a private and confidential atmosphere for students to sort out their personal worries and concerns about college life or life in general.