Anthony Ross Jr, Ph.D.
Ph.D., SUNY at Stonybrook, 1987
NBS 512 Histology
NBS 515 Physiology 1
NBS 525 Physiology 2
NBS 527 Microbiology 1
NBS 528 Microbiology 2
NRS 521 Research methods
NBS 530 Biomedical Integration
NRS 711 Thesis 1
NRS 811 Thesis 2
NRS 821 Thesis 3PH 612 Physiology 2
MB 521Microbiology 1 and
MB 612 Microbiology 2
Area of Interest:
Dr. Ross is committed to developing new, novel teaching methods, many of which include the integration of complex scientific concepts with the latest developments in educational theory.
- Nimnual, A.S., Chang, W., Chang, N. -S., Ross, A.F., Gelman, M.S., and Prives, J.M. (1998). Identification of phosphorylation sites on AChR d -subunit associated with dispersal of AChR clusters on the surface of muscle cells. Biochemistry 37:14823-14832.
- Ross, Kislauskis, Oleynikov, Singer.1997 Characterization of a b-actin mRNA zipcode-binding protein.Â Mol Cell Biol. 1997 Apr;17(4):2158-65.
- Latham, Singer and Ross 1994 b-actin mRNA localization is regulated by signal transduction mechanisms. J Cell Biol. 1994 Sep;126(5):1211-9.
- Ross, A, Green, W. Hartman D., and T. Claudio 1991 Efficiency of acetylcholine receptor subunit assembly and its regulation by cAMP.Â J Cell Biol. 1991 May;113(3):623-36.
- Green, W.N., Ross, A. and T. Claudio (1991) cAMP stimulation of acetylcholine receptor expression is mediated through posttranslational mechanisms. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 88:854-858.
- Green, W., Ross A., and T. Claudio (1991) Acetylcholine receptor assembly is stimulated by phosphorylation of its g subunit. Neuron, v7;659-666.
- Claudio, T., Paulson, H., Green, W., Ross, A., Hartman, D. , Hayden, D., (1989) Fibroblasts transfected with Torpedo acetylcholine receptor beta-, gamma-, and delta-subunit cDNAs express functional receptors when infected with a retroviral alpha recombinant. J Cell Biol. Jun;108(6):2277-90.
- Hartman, D., Poo, M., Green, W., Ross, A., and T. Claudio (1990) Synaptic contact between embryonic neurons and acetylcholine receptor-fibroblast .J Physiol (Paris). ;84(1):42-9.
- Ross, A., Rapuano, M., and J. Prives. (1988) Induction of phosphorylation and cell surface redistribution of acetylcholine receptors by phorbol ester and carbamylcholine in cultured chick muscle cells. J. Cell Biol. 107:1139-1145.
- Ross, A.F., M. Rapuano, J. H. Schmidt, and J.M. Prives, (1987). Phosphorylation and assembly of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits in cultured chick muscle cells. J. Biol. Chem 262:14640-14646.
- Levin, M., Degennaro, P., Ross, A., Serafin, N., and J Stewart (1981) A histochemical and Electron microscopic study of fast and slow-twitch muscle in genetically spastic mice. Tissue and Cel 13L1) 61-69.