Spiros Katsifis, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Systemic-Molecular Toxicology/Environmental Oncology, New York University
M.S., Forensic/Biochemical Toxicology (Chemical Mutagenesis-Carcinogenesis), Saint John’s University
B.S., Toxicology and Analytical Chemistry, Saint John's University
Toxicology (all aspects)
Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Katsifis, S.P., M. Shamy, P.L. Kinney, and F.J. Burns, Interaction of Nickel with UV-light for the induction of cytogenetic effects in peripheral human lymphocytes, Mutation Res. 422 (2) 331-338, 1998.
- Katsifis, S.P. and P.L. Kinney. Antagonistic Interaction of Sodium Arsenite, and Lead Sulfate with UV-light on Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Human Lymphocytes. Symposium Proceedings, Alternatives in the assessment of Toxicity: June, 1996.
- Katsifis, S.P., Kinney, P.L., Hosslet, S. Burns, F.J. and N.T. Christie. Interaction of Nickel with Mutagens in the Induction of Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Human Lymphocytes. Mutat. Res., 359 (1) 7-15,1996.
- Sahu, R.K., Katsifis, S.P., Kinney, P.L., and N.T. Christie. Nickel induced changes in cell cycle duration and sister chromatid exchanges in cultured human lymphocytes. Mutation Res., 327, 217-225, 1995.
- Christie, N.T., D.M. Tummolo, and S.P. Katsifis. Oxidative DNA damage as a biomarker of exposure to chemicals. First International Conference on Environmental Mutagenesis in Human Populations at Risk, Cairo, Egypt, 1992.
- Sahu, R.K., Katsifis, S.P., and N.T. Christie. Effects of Nickel Sulfate, Lead Sulfate, and Sodium Arsenite Alone and with UV-light on Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Cultured Human Lymphocytes. Molecular Toxicology, 2, 375-382, 1990.
- Reddy, B., Engle A., Katsifis, S.P., Simi, B., Bartram, H-P, Perrino, P., and C. Mahour. Biochemical Epidemiology of Colon Cancer: Effect of Types of Dietary Fiber on Fecal Mutagens, Acid and Neutral Steroids in Healthy Subjects. Cancer Research., 45, 4629-4635, 1989
- Christie, N.T. and S.P. Katsifis. Nickel Carcinogenesis. In: Biological Effects of Heavy Metals. Vol. II, E.C. Foulces, Ed., CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL., Chap. 4, pp. 95-128, 1990.
- Katsifis, S.P. and L.P. Kinney. Antagonistic Interaction of Sodium Arsenite and Lead Sulfate with UV-light on Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Human Lymphocytes in H. Salem and S. Katz (Eds.) “Toxicity Assessment Alternatives: Methods, Issues, Opportunities”, Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, Ch. 5, pp. 53-61, 1999.