Become a leader in the next generation of business with a Master of Business Administration degree in General Business from the University of Bridgeport.
At UB’s Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, theory and practice come together for student success as we blend academic scholarship with practical solutions in a dynamic and challenging environment. Our programs integrate timeless lessons with contemporary issues and are delivered using both traditional and technology-based methods by faculty who are both academics and practitioners.
With nine concentrations to choose from, your MBA will truly enable you to meet your personal and professional development goals. Whether you take classes on weekdays, evenings, weekends, or online, we’ve got a program that will provide you with the knowledge to build a successful career, and the practical skills to immediately enter the workforce.
Students learn the knowledge and skills that enable them to measure, analyze, interpret, and communicate economic data. Students acquire the broad based business knowledge that enables them to integrate accounting practices to achieve strategic goals.
The MBA with Accounting/CPA Track delivers the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for the CPA and CMA exams and is an alternative to an M.S. in Accounting program. This concentration is designed for undergraduate accounting majors or students with significant work in accounting. In this concentration you will obtain both a master’s level general business education and specific advanced accounting knowledge.
Students will learn to transform raw data into valuable insight that enables them to effectively and efficiently discover and present enterprise intelligence for competitive advantage. Students can combine this concentration with other concentrations in the MBA program for additional depth.
The Entrepreneurship concentration is intended to prepare students who intend to work for start-up companies or larger organizations providing entrepreneurial management. Additionally it prepares students for “social entrepreneurship” since the knowledge acquired in this program can also be applied to businesses with a social mission.
Students learn financial concepts that provide the basis for careers in finance. Students develop the technical and analytical skills needed to pursue a variety of careers in the finance industry.
The M.B.A. in Human Resources Management prepares students for leadership in a multi-cultural workplace. The program provides the knowledge needed for the practice of human resources management and seeks to instill ethical managers who understand the strategic importance of human resources.
Students will specifically understand the economic, cultural, legal and political issues associated with international business. Students will be prepared to lead and manage organizations in the global business environment.
Students learn the knowledge and skills that prepare them to plan, build, and run a successful business enterprise. Students also learn how to lead and work effectively with people within an organization.
Students are prepared for marketing careers and specifically learn the knowledge and skills that are required to create, promote, distribute, price and manage products, services and ideas to customers in a satisfying exchange relationship. Students develop an understanding of human behavior related to marketing activity.
At University of Bridgeport’s Trefz School of Business, you will
- receive individual attention
- engage in highly interactive classroom discussions with international students and faculty
- learn relevant quantitative methods and professional interpersonal skills in technology enabled classrooms
- be taught by renowned scholars and highly successful practitioners
- compete against world-class universities in team competitions
- collaborate in multidisciplinary classes with other UB schools
- enjoy close proximity to New York/Connecticut/New Jersey multinational corporations and entrepreneurs
Learning Outcomes Master of Business Administration Degree
As a graduate of the MBA program you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge in all—and proficiency in at least one of—the basic business disciplines (accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, human resources, information systems, leadership, management, and marketing)
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in oral and written structures, and in formal and informal settings
- Interpersonal and professional skills that enable them to contribute within diverse sets of teams and build internal and external relationships that facilitate success in contemporary organizations
- Information literacy, proficiency with technology, and analytical techniques for decision-making
- Critical and logical thinking that integrates concepts across disciplines with creativity and integrity enabling them to successfully lead in a dynamic global environment