Student Financial Services
FAFSA available NOW for the 2019-20 Academic year
Students will be able to submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Connecticut residents to qualify for state funding is February 15
- UB Priority deadline is March 1.
|IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND COLLEGE FROM||SUBMIT THIS FAFSA||SUBMIT THE FAFSA BETWEEN||USE INCOME AND TAX INFORMATION FROM|
|July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019||2018-19||October 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019||2016|
|July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020||2019–20||October 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020||2017|
|July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021||2020–21||October 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021||2018|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Throughout our history, we have established a firm belief that the high-quality and personalized experience promised at the University of Bridgeport should never be out of reach for anyone. In fact, approximately 96 percent of our students receive financial assistance in the form of student loans, scholarships, grants, and work-study programs. We will connect you with more than 35 scholarship providers, some of which include FastWeb, The American Association of University Women, Capital Scholarship Program, and The Sallie Mae Fund.
Use Financial Aid for your textbooks!
To be eligible to use Financial Aid to purchase books direct from the UB bookstore you must:
- Have a credit balance (refund due) of $750 or greater after your financial aid has been applied
- Complete your Entrance Loan Counseling and signed your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- If selected for verification, complete and wait for approval from Student Financial Services before purchasing books directly from the UB Bookstore using your financial aid
In lieu of a cash advance, you can now go directly to the UB Bookstore Monday through Thursday with your ID and Schedule and purchase your books using your Financial Aid. You do not have to complete a cash advance for this new process.
Use WebAdvisor to streamline your Financial Aid process
In Financial Aid Self-Service:
- Accept or decline your Financial Aid Awards in the “My Awards” section
In Financial Information, View Account/Make Payments:
- Enroll in interest-free Payment Plans
- Sign up for Direct Deposit for Refunds under “E-Refunds” tab
- Provide Third Party Access (for parent or responsible adult) under “Authorized Users” tab
- Complete the Student Enrollment and Financial Responsibility Agreement Form